Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Satisfaction Guaranteed

So last night the boyfriend and I were being lazy on the couch after my dance class watching one of those house renovation shows… Holmes on Homes I believe it was.  The premise of the show is, he goes into houses of people that have basically been screwed by crooked contractors, and fixes it for them.  Now that is all nice and generous and all but really has nothing to do with this post.  My reason for posting this is…I love before and after results of almost anything, whether it is personal makeovers, house makeovers or the creation of something completely from scratch.  I find others creativity AMAZING.  And it got me to thinking about how satisfying it must be to go to work and look upon a completed project and say “hell ya…I did that and it is a damn fine job!” and then to see the smile on the customer’s face and their satisfaction.  I think I want that.  My job is so UNSATISFIYING and UNSTIMULATING, I cannot even begin to tell you for fear of putting you to sleep.
So my question is “what the heck am I going to do about it?”  Well I have started looking into school but will that career give me the SATISFACTION that I am looking for?  I am sure it will give me the STIMULATION as everyday will be unique to say the least, BUT...

**deep sigh** I have no clue what direction to take.  I am thinking it is time to look toward the heavens and ask the Goddess to guide me and show me the right path.  A sign?  A carrot?  Anything?  Pleeeeease???

No comments:

Post a Comment