Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Higher Learning

I am sat here tonight at my kitchen table, coffee in hand and laptop fired up trying to complete my application for school...yes that is right...I am, at the age of 38, going to go back to school.  Well at least I am going to try.  At this point it is all dependent upon financing - but isn't everything theses days?  My fear is that because I work full time and still have some student loan to pay from the last time I went back, that they may just tell me to get stuffed and laugh in my face.

What am I going to school for you ask?  My goal is to be certified with the Canadian Counselling Association and/or Canadian Addiction Counsellor Certification Federation.  Not a too lofty goal I don't think...it is certainly something I have been thinking about for a few years and I definately need a career change.  Then in light of a new health centre here...well it just seems that opportunity is presenting itself.

Blessings,
~A

2 comments:

  1. Even as a child, I wanted to be a psychiatrist, Atiyanna--not to make money. To help Peeps! So here is this fiddle player (Retired--Ha!). But you know? God in His goodness gave me all the counseling work I can handle (with His help!) in our Twelfth Step.

    You WILL make in to school. I got my Masters at age 44, BTW. Not bragging--it was NOT easy!

    Invoke those goddesses--get all the help you find....and DOIT, girl! Because you CAN!
    PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so happy to see you back!! I have missed you greatly!!! I am so happy you are pursuing school, not lofty at all, much necessary and needed!

    So glad you are here I have missed you!!

    xox G

    ReplyDelete