Sunday, March 20, 2011

Four Years...One Day at A Time

This is my third attempt at writing my first entry on my new blog.  I had forgotten how difficult it can be sometimes to put your thoughts into words and then to put those words in some sort of coherent order for others to read...sheesh.

Well, let me start with telling you that I celebrated 4 years of sobriety on March 16th.  I was fortunate to share the meeting with someone from my home group who celebrated 30 years.  You know, it's not that I take pleasure in someone else's suffering but I sure do take solace in knowing that others have similar stories as mine and I am not alone.  And that someone with 30 years sobriety gets through the day the same way that I do.  It certainly was a special meeting.

~Goddess Bless!

3 comments:

  1. ATIYANNA! Howdy, girl, favorite witch! I am glad to see you here. BTW, during these couple years away you have changed...lot more positive, I sense--none of my business, but if I like it, you're gonna hear it!

    Let us Peeps know what you have been doing, and what you are up to in LIFE!

    And comment--but I know you know that!. Feel free to browse my blog roll sidebar for some "alkie" blogs. Kristin, Gabi, Jessie, all there, and SYD, and a few more. I KNOW you will recognize them.

    Good luck, remember who always was my Favorite Witch--YOU! And you KNOW I'll be Bach.

    If I think of anyone you IMO should meet here, I'll letcha know, girl! OK?
    PEACE!
    Steve E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, congratulations on your four sober years. I know what that is like--grin! It DOES keep getting better...and BETTER. I had a great and positive conversation moments ago with an artist friend, and it's those kinds of 'little' things which add up to "It's a Wonderful Life"!!!

    To have friends, bloggers or face-to-face, who know you, love you, and are there if and when you want or NEED to talk.

    Again, is this comment #2???
    PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrads on 4 years!! And welcome back to the recovery blogshere, look forward to reading more of your post. I saw you commented on Gabi's blog and thought "oh yeah I remember her" Good luck on starting college!

    Namaste
    Scott

    ReplyDelete