Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lunar Eclipse

Ahhhh...another full moon, isn't She beautiful!?  And this one with the added energy!  There will be a lunar eclipse tomorrow.  This is a rare one too.  This time the moon will pass directly through the shadow of the earth's shadow cone.  This hasn't happened in 11 years and won't happen again until 2018. Unfortunately it will not be visible where I am but it will be clearly visible over Africa, and Central Asia, visible rising over South America, western Africa, and Europe, and setting over eastern Asia. In western Asia, Australia and the Philippines – visible just before sunrise.  But certainly we can't deny that we are all affected by the energy of it, both mentally and neurologically and sometimes even spiritually.  For those of us that are not going to be able to view it, you can watch it at Astronomy Live or at  Bareket Oberservatroy Live Eclipse Broadcast. The time of the broadcast is...wait...with the time conversion is 10:02:24 Tuesday June 14, 2011 PST...hmmm, that's right now!!  I gotta go.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Tammy...
    I just LOVE Meteorlogical posts!
    Thanks...hahahaha
    Will you be joining us again on Thursday?
    The Earlier the better...8 PM Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be submitting a 55 this week. Even if I don't have time to write one, I found an archive of them that I had written in years past...lol. It really isn't cheating as I don't think that they were ever posted ;)

    ReplyDelete