Thursday, April 7, 2011

New Opportunity

The last couple of days have been one of research and excitement.  It is no surprise to those who know me that I am extremely BORED with the type of work that I do and that I am am always looking for natural health remedies and such.  Well I have found a way to combine both work and wellness and I am sooo excited!!  It may not be for everyone, but it will work for me.  I have added "Follow me on Twitter" if any one is interested in taking a look.

Today being Thursday I get to spend the evening with my lovely sponsee as I take her through the steps.  We are just finishing up Step 2 ~ Came to Believe that a Power Greater than Ourselves Could Restore us to Sanity.  Hmmmm...sanity was definitely a foreign concept in my world as I am sure in many of yours as well.  For me, sanity is the ability to be logical in my daily life.  It is when I am thinking positively and acting so.  My insanity has taken me to very dark places and still can today, but not nearly as often as it used to.  Because today, I have help.  I have my Higher Power to guide me in the right direction...ultimately I still make the final choice which road I would like to tredge and tend to, more often than not, tredge the road to happy destiny.

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the Vipassana meditation I do. Our minds don't always tell us the truth. They tell us lies about ourselves and take us in dark places all the time. We've got to wake up. Or, as Ann Lamott, says, we have to change internal radio stations so we're not always listening to KFCKed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes sanity what a concept, I find for myself that sanity is a choice, not that I choose sanity per se, I choice to really try and stay out of my head, I attempt to stay in concious contact with the God of my understanding and communicate frequently with my support system, so that I don't leave myself to my own devices. I have gradually come to the acceptance that my head has a contract on my asse, and to accept what the miraculous 12 step program has taught me, sinply put that my desease centers in my mind, the drugs and/or alcohol are just a symptom, what I really have is a mental illness, that left to my own devices, I am in deep Ka Ka. However being human and thinking I know something once in awhile, let's me relearn this lesson occassionally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I missed the day you wrote what type of work you do. Well?--grin! Tammy, did you know that 94% of people who get up and go to work every day do not like there job? So FEW of us are where we'd like to be in that regard.

    But we are asked, nevertheless, to do our BEST, even if it is mopping kitchens full of grease, and cleaning three public restrooms six nights a week (I did this at a McDonald's Rest for 7 years)

    I worked all night, alone. They told me year after year I was the best maintenance man they'd ever had. (I never told them I had a MFA degree in Music Education--grin!)

    Personally, I think you are doing GREAT. So long as I am taking others through the steps, I am learning more about them E V E R Y time! And you, too! I LOVE it! I LOVE AA! PEACE!

    ReplyDelete