Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Teenager-itis

I am sure you all know the symptoms of it.  You may have been a victim of it yourself at one time or are trying ever so patiently to deal with your own child's symptoms.  Yes, teenageritis. Symptoms include but are not limited to: mood swings, mouthiness, getting immense pleasure out of another's pain or discomfort (especially a sibling or parent), lack of cleanliness, laziness, and the list could go on and on.  Perhaps I should seek out a support group for parents of children suffering with teenageritis or perhaps I should just give them both a swift kick in the ass and call it a day.  At any rate, mine are driving me absolutely BATTY!!  I need a vacation.

4 comments:

  1. Tammy....
    You Obviously need a vacation!
    I hope you get one very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, when I notice that YOU have posted, I go there "anon"...and when the title of a blog is "Spirituality and Recovery...in everyday life" I K N O W that is where I belong.

    And am SO glad I belong here! And I get to see again how much YOU belong here. Teenagers are made by God to remind us what we may have forgotten in our 4th Step (our parents!) IMO.

    Good post. Thank you, Atiyanna! PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have more struggles with my pre-teen then my actual teen. by no means do I want to pretend that everyday is a cake walk. one day at a time... with parenting too!

    Michelle E

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG: It's like you're in my very head.

    ReplyDelete