Monday, May 9, 2011

My Mom

Today is my mom's birthday and yes, she seems to get ripped off every year in the birthday/mother's day gift department, and all she says is, "I am just glad you are here".  My mom is my best friend and I cherish her more than I can ever put into words.  I really don't know what I would have done without her over the years.  She has comforted me during my separation and divorce and other daily trials. And she let me do what I needed to do while I was in my addiction, but never abandoned me and was there to pick me up and brush me off when I finally became sick and tired of being sick and tired.  She is the one I turn to when I need a friend to talk to and when I need spiritual advice...and yes...when I need to borrow money too.  I share everything with her and am SUPER grateful to my Creator for giving me such a wonderful, compasionate, loving, caring mother.  I hear others talk about their relationships with their mother's and can't even imagine speaking about her in that way.  Maybe when I was a kid and mad at her for not letting me do something, but I think that was even few and far between.  She liked me to learn my lessons through experience, and I did.  And quite honestly, I am a better person for it.  I like to think that one day I will be half the woman that she is, and for that I will be thankful.

Thank you Mom for being who you are and for loving me no matter what.

Mother's Day 2010

5 comments:

  1. Tammy, I am loving how you think, what you write, and your recovery, and. well...you!

    Happy Birthday to your mom, from a long-time-ago blogger-friend, me. Steve
    PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tribute to a mom who truly loves her daughter unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. But this is making me sort of sad because I definitely don't have that sort of relationship with my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely!! I too have a wonderful MOM like yours...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your mom.
    Happy Belated Birthday to Your Mom.

    check out short story slam and make a submission today.

    ReplyDelete